Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Your life: in phobias

Some people have been giving me crap lately about my phobia, which has gone from a 'this makes me slightly uncomfortable' fear into a 'HOLY CRAP PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME DO THIS, I WILL SERIOUSLY DIE IF I DO, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME DO THIS' fear of immense proportions. They don't seem to believe that, yes, this is a legitimate phobia and lots of people seem to suffer from it. I am not making this up, or trying to be lazy, or just trying to get out of going to school. It's super cereal.

Yes, I decided that I would rant about it on my blog, I'm such a teenager.

I also decided that I would put it into simple terms that even the most uncouth and Neanderthal-esque human being would understand.


Imagine your Fear Zone is a huge building. It is filled with every horrible thing you can imagine. Anything that scares you right to your very core, instills in you a fear so primal you are reduced to nothing but a quivering pile, crying and trembling and spouting off nonsensical babble about how you are absolutely positive that you are about to die. In the wake of this one thing, you are nothing. You are only fear.

Inside the Fear Zone, anything can reside:


ANYTHING
For our purposes, we're going to say that, inside your Fear Zone, is spiders.

Now, you are stuck in this room full of spiders- this building full of spiders, and there is no escape.
Imagine this. You are trapped here, in this room full of spiders, for seven straight hours. No matter where you go, you are stuck. There is nowhere you can go that the spiders won't be there too. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, nowhere that is safe. You have been plucked from your Safe Zone, which is spider free and comfortable, straight into your Fear Zone, which is clinically proven to make you shit yourself in terror.

That is what school is like to me. Being there, in a building full of over two thousand people for seven hours, is probably about as close to hell as I can get while still breathing. It is the worst thing ever. Simply being in a hallway during passing period has nearly made me burst into tears. Simply put: I. Am. Scared. Yes. And I am running away, and I bet you would too, from your own little version of the Fear Zone.

And that is why I'm not returning to public school this year. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment